The II National Conference on Climate Change of Guatemala will be held in Quetzaltenango City, from October 5th to 7th.
The conference focuses on promoting knowledge management on climate change and related topics.
Institutions and initiatives related to the topic will participate in the congress, highlighting the water resource to promote the adaptation capacity of people, Guatemalan institutions, and key ecosystems. The main topics that will be covered in the conference are:
- Climate sciences
- Adaptation to climate change
- Climate change mitigation
- Ancestral knowledge with a focus on climate change adaptation.
Presentations by keynote speakers, thematic sessions, exhibition area, poster area, and field trips about the most important topics related to climate variability and change in Guatemala will be held in the conference.
The Private Institute for Climate Change Research -ICC- will participate with the following presentations:
- Hillside ditches to reduce soil erosion in the upper areas of the sugarcane zones as and adaptation practice.
- Rainwater and cloud water storage in La Soledad Village, Acatenango, Chimaltenango.
- Flood-prone areas in the Pacific slopes of Guatemala.
- Community resilience assessment to flood and drought events in the Coyolate basin.
- Carbon footprint of the Guatemalan independent banana production 2014.
Also, we will host a stand with information on the ICC, its projects and other activities..
Should you have further questions about the conference and wish to participate, please visit http://cambioclimaticogt.com/