The training “Integrated Management of the Water Resource for the Sugar Cane Area of Guatemala” started last Wednesday August 17 at the facilities of the Guatemalan Center for Sugar Cane Research and Training -CENGICAÑA-.
The training was organized by the Irrigation Committee of CENGICAÑA and supported by the Private Institute for Climate Change Research -ICC-, will go from August to October 12 and will be given to professionals from different sugar enterprises.
During the sessions, the following topics will be discussed.
- ASAZGUA’s Environmental Policy
- Initiatives for a Law of Waters
- Water management in a basin focus
- Derivation techniques and water guidance to reduce loss
- Efficient water irrigation systems: types and designs
- Climate and the decision to irrigate, in the context of water optimization
- Techniques for water management in the plot level with irrigation purposes
- Cost effectiveness of irrigation application
The objective of this training is to provide technical tools to the professionals of each enterprise for them to have a better exploitation of the water resource. Professionals in the matter will give each module.