Climate Change, mountain geography, disaster risk, landslides, water resources management, integrated watershed management.
– PhD, in Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
– MSc, in Water Science, Policy and Management, University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
– Master’s Lecturer at Del Valle University, Guatemala (2012-2017)
– Bachelor’s degree in Forest Engineering (Honors), Del Valle University, Guatemala.
– Baccalaureatus in Scientiis, Del Valle University, Guatemala.
– Director of the Private Institute for Climate Change Research (ICC) since 2010.
– Defensores de la Naturaleza Foundation
Researcher in the Motagua-Polochic Water Fund, Sierra de las Minas Biosphere Reserve, Guatemala. 2010.
– Environmental Studies Center, Del Valle University, Guatemala. Research associate in climate change and disasters. 2010.
– Amigos del río Ixtacapa Association, Guatemala, 2007-2009, Advisor on social organization for watershed management.
– Guatemalan Meteorology Institute (INSIVUMEH), Consultant on vulnerability to climate change, 2008.
– UNDP, consultant, co-author of the report “Climate Change and Human Development in Guatemala”, 2008.
– Defensores de la Naturaleza Foundation, Coordinator of a water management project in the San Jerónimo river basin, Sierra de las Minas Biosphere Reserve, 2004-05.
– Guatemalan Scholarship Association (ABG), Board assistant and coordinator of the UWC scholarship selection process, 1999-2004.