Promoting and implementing actions to upkeep the integrity of the natural resources in the watersheds considering their socio-cultural context is the main objective of the Integrated Watershed Management program.
To achieve the main objective, the following main work areas have been established:
• To gather and generate basic information of the watersheds and to establish a base line.
• To promote and follow up on social organization processes to manage watersheds
• To influence in the management and protection of forests
• To support the integrated water management
• To contribute in soil protection