As part of the project called “Strengthening reforestation and forest protection actions for the integrated management of the watersheds in the CBC area (The Central America Bottling Corporation) during August, the following activities were developed in the Villalobos River Basin:
- Planted 11,000 trees with people from Magdalena Milpas Altas, located in the high areas of the Villalobos basin.
- Planted 3,000 trees with the municipality of Santa Lucia Milpas Altas, located in the high areas of the Villalobos basin.
- Planted 3,000 trees with the municipality of Mixco through CONAP Region I Metropolis, located in the high areas of the Villalobos basin.
- Planted 5,000 trees with the municipality of Villa Canales, located in the lower areas of the Villalobos basin.
- Donated trees and participated in a reforestation event organized by INAB, San Miguel Petapa Municipality and workers of PANIFRESH at La Cerra Park.
These and other activities performed will be monitored and followed by the ICC and its partners to ensure trees develop and survive in the reforested areas.
These actions are part of the ICC/CBC goal for 2018, which consist of planting 200,00 trees in the Villalobos and Sis Ican basins. Trees constitute an important climate change mitigation action, since they reduce CO2, among other environmental actions.
We share some photographs of the activities.
Reforestation activities coordinated with the municipality of Mixco.
Trees were delivered in Santa Lucia Milpas Altas.
Villa Canales received many trees to plant.
Trees get ready in Villa Canales to be planted.
Reforestation activities in San Miguel Petapa.
Trees are carried in Magdalena Milpas Altas.