Byron Meneses, member of the ICC’s board of directors from 2010 to 2013 and current environmental management adviser, was recognized as the Architect of the Year 2017 by the Board of Directors of the Association of Professionals of Guatemala, through the Association of Architects, because of his academic performance, ethic values and principles, contribution to common well and society, as well as contributions to the professional guild.
In the ICC, we congratulate Byron Meneses for such an important award. We share some of his contributions:
- Construction of the CACIF’s Model for Business Environmental Responsibility, supported by COMACIF, and ASAZGUA.
- Development and application of the Model of Discharges Progressive Reduction, withheld in the Regulations of Discharges and Re-usability of Waste Waters and Provision of Muds, Government Agreement 236-2006.
- Preparation of the 1st version of the ASAZGUA’s Environmental Policy.
- Beginning of the project to save and recover native species of fish in Pantaleon, and the mangrove’s project in Sipacate Naranjo.
- Preparation of the Urban Planning Plan for Escuintla between 1993 and 1994.
- Design and construction of the New Palmar, as well as participation in the moving of the people to that place.