Today, the Private Institute for Climate Change Research -ICC- is celebrating its sixth anniversary.
The ICC was founded on July 27, 2010, and after six years of work, the ICC has achieved the following:
- More than 75 studies related to climate change.
- More than 2 million trees planted in the Pacific slope of Guatemala.
- More than 11 thousand people trained.
- More than 100 thousand parlama turtles released.
- More than 12 projects executed with institutions such as USAID, WRI, IAI, PNUMA, and others.
- Founder of the Guatemala System of Climate Change Sciences.
- Supported the organization the First National Congress of Climate Change.
- To participate in several international conferences related to climate change, including the COP21, Paris, France.
The work of the ICC has included communities, Town Halls, private industry, NGOs, government agencies, and other key actors, which have been important to achieve the goals of the institute.